Peabody has two exciting Arborist opportunities to join their in-house Tree Services Team based in Thamesmead. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,000 -£30,000 per annum.
Benefits of becoming our Arborist:
- From your first day of employment, you are eligible to join the defined contribution pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- Life insurance
- 25 days annual leave
- Attendance bonus scheme
- Flexible benefit scheme
- Continued Professional Development: ongoing training, refresher training etc
- PPE, tools and equipment provided
- Range of employee benefits to choose from including technology, memberships and discounts
The Arborist role:
You will be able to carry out a range of tree work including planting, crown raising, reductions, pollarding, dismantling, felling and stump grinding, to a high standard and in line with industry best practice and BS3998: Tree Work Recommendations. The successful applicant will also be expected to assist in the maintenance of chainsaws, chippers and stump grinder.
The Tree Services team work mostly within Thamesmead and provide high quality, planned, ad-hoc and reactive tree work to our existing tree stock of around 30,000 trees situated within housing estates, parklands and alongside our network of canals.
Responsibilities of our Arborist include:
- Carry out tree pruning operations, including but not limited to, - lifting, thinning, crown reduction, pollarding at heights in excess of 20 meters.
- Carry out tree felling and stump removal.
- Carry out cable bracing and tree support system activities.
- Carry out tree inspections.
- Safely use of a wide variety of equipment and hand tools including but not limited to saws /pole saws/ hand tools / harness and ropes of all types. To carry out regular maintenance of all equipment and carry out minor repairs as required.
- Understand work requirements and work to deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge of arboricultural practices, legislation, relevant legislation and codes of practice, and industry guidance.
- Assist with on the job training as directed.
- Ensure prompt and accurate completion of all forms and records required for the duties of the post. To provide works data for Confirm environmental.
- Develop and maintain relationships in order to support our customers.
- Assess clients’ needs to ensure effective service delivery.
- Advise and support our customers in resolving their queries and issues, ensuring that their expectations are managed and proactive resolutions are identified.
What we’re looking for in our Arborist:
- CS30,31, 38, 39
- Full UK Driving License
- NPTC units in the range of 30 to 39 as a minimum
- Proven experience working in arboricultural service
- Proven ability to work in all weathers in an outdoor environment
- Relevant qualifications and training in arboriculture
- CS41 (Aerial Tree Rigging)
- CS47 (Use of a Chainsaw from a MEWP)
- B+E Driving License (or pre-1997 UK Driving License)
Closing date: 11th November 2019
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Arborist please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST