Full Time Experienced Inclusion Leader and Designated Safeguarding Lead
Member of the Senior Leadership Team (L4- L8)
To commence January 2020
Godwin Junior School is a successful four-form-entry junior school in Forest Gate, Newham. We serve a vibrant and diverse community, where excellent relationships promote an inclusive, warm and secure environment where children feel safe and valued.
Central to the ethos and vision of our school is the belief that every child can achieve well and that it is our purpose to ‘prepare our children for lifelong success’. As members of the Whole Education network, we are committed to developing the whole child - not just achieving strong academic results, but also helping the children to explore and develop their artistic, drama, musical, debating and sporting talents. All of our children have the right to experience this high-quality, inclusive learning environment.
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, we are seeking to appoint a talented and experienced Inclusion Leader who has high expectations of all children and is able to support other members of the school team to achieve these. The post holder will also be familiar with safeguarding policy and practice and would ideally have experience as part of a safeguarding team.
What makes us special?
- an ethos in which all of our children are supported to discover their talents and be successful
- a genuine opportunity to make a difference in our diverse community
- motivated children who encourage one another
- a dedicated, highly-skilled and successful team with whom you will be working
- a real commitment to high-quality professional development
- supportive Parents and Carers, with whom we work closely
- a sincere commitment to inclusivity as demonstrated by our silver Unicef Rights Respecting School status
What makes you special?
- an experienced Inclusion Leader/SENDCo
- committed to the safeguarding of all pupils – experience as part of a safeguarding team would be valuable, but not essential
- committed to excellence, inclusion and high expectations for all
- reflective and enthusiastic about professional development
- passionate about sharing best practice with colleagues across the school
- determined, resilient, highly motivated and able to manage a complex workload
- able to work with a range of professionals to promote inclusion
- a strong communicator, able to work effectively with professionals and parents/carers
We offer the Inner London Weighting Allowance.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Inclusion Leader.
Deadline for applications: mid-day Wednesday 23rd October.
Shortlisting: Thursday 24th October.
Interview date: Tuesday 29th October 2019.
Please see our website for more information about the school: www.godwin.newham.sch.uk
Visits to the school are very welcome. Please contact the School Business Manager, Mrs Kettle, on 020 8534 7601 or email@example.com, to arrange this.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice & pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any employment is confirmed. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.