Cook - Bow, London
Employer: East Thames Group
- Reference: 532
- Published on: Mon 17/07/2017 15:27 PM
- Closing on: Mon 31/07/2017 15:27 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Permanent
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Salary: £9.75 per hour
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Tower Hamlets, London
Position Title: Cook
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Contract: Permanent Part-Time
Hours of work: 30 hours per week
Location: Bow, London
We are currently seeking a Cook to work as part of a dedicated team and contribute to the efficient running of the kitchen in a register care home environment for adults with mental health support needs. You will prepare and serve two meals per day, taking into account the dietary/cultural needs of service users and ensuring the meals are of a high standard and are served at agreed times.
You will be the sole cook of the kitchen catering for lunch and dinner time meals Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work to support the service with activities and events. At full capacity, Coxley House caters for 13 service users. Working in consultation with the Scheme Manager you will be responsible for menu planning, the preparation of weekly menus, catering for all service users, shopping for all meals and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen.
Specific duties will include:
· Organising and managing the catering provision to ensure an efficient and cost effective service
· Preparing and serving 2 meals a day and taking into account the dietary needs of service users.
· Washing up and leaving kitchen in an excellent state of cleanliness.
· Clearing and cleaning kitchen cupboards, rotating stock, empting and defrosting the fridge and freezer and carrying out a general spring cleaning of the area at agreed intervals
· Assisting as required with social functions that take place at the house
· Meeting Environmental Health standards, Health and Safety Executive and National Minimum Standards requirements and the Food Safety Standards.
Experience within a catering environment is essential and you should be capable of working under pressure in an organised way. You should have a passion for cooking good nutritious and varied food with a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate and City & Guilds 706 1 / 2 or NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation and Cooking or comparable experience.
Apply Now: to apply please click on the apply button below and complete an online application, detailing your suitability for the position in the Supporting Statement section.
Closing Date: 30th July 2017
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
L&Q is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Equality & Diversity Statement
L&Q is a diverse organisation that represents differences in race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, background or personal circumstances - we welcome all applicants. We want everyone to feel valued and included at L&Q and to be able to achieve their full potential. L&Q is opposed to any form of unlawful discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
L&Q Living is an equal opportunities employer